AREA OF OPERATION
Our offices are based in Pretoria with a satellite office in Johannesburg. We do also have lodgement agents in the Cape Town area.
- Admitted Attorney of the High Courts of South Africa, Lesotho and Botswana
- Practising immigration law since 1970
- Member of the Immigrants Selection Board (January 1993 to December 1996)
- Appointed by the Minister of Home Affairs as a member of the Immigration Advisory Board in May 2003 and served on the board until 2007
- Appointed by the Minister of Home Affairs to head up the Association of Immigration Practitioners of South Africa (AIPSA)
- Member of the Parliamentary Task Group on Migration which drew the
Green Paper on International Migration
- Chairman of the Immigration, Nationality and Refugee Law Committee of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces from July 1998 to date (web site link)
- Chairman of the Immigration Law Specialist Committee of the Law Society of South Africa since January 2005
- Presented a paper at the International Conference held at Parliament in July 2000 on "Migration into the 21st Century"
- Author of numerous articles on Migration and Human Resource issues
- Regular columnist on Migration issues in the publication HR FUTURE
- Chairman of the Social Affairs and Labour Policy Committee of the Pretoria Chamber of Business with focus on Immigration/Migration issues and honorary life member of the chamber
- Member of the Business Unity South Africa (BUSA) Task Group on Migration
- Mentor of the South African Board for Personnel Practice
(Registration number P4537).
- Chartered Human Resource practitioner (Employment Relations) with the SA Board for personal practice
- Servicing leading Blue Chip companies and financial institutions on deployment of skilled employees
- Holds an LLB and LLM in Administrative and Constitutional Law
- Admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Authored a thesis on the loss of South African citizenship - an investigation into the implications of the phrase "voluntary and informal act"
- Member of the immigration, Nationality and Refugee Law committee of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces
- Co-author of the Global Business Immigration Practice Guide published by the Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (ABIL)
- Author of a number of publications for the law society news and a number of other publications in respect of immigration and citizenship related matters